Employer: What is the cycle to work scheme from an employers perspective?
The cycle to work scheme is a tax-efficient employee benefit that helps working adults save money on a new bike and/or cycling accessories. The scheme enables riders to save 25-39% on all their gear (or even more with 'Cyclescheme offers' or Cyclescheme 'no-quibble' retailers).
The scheme is born from the Government's 'Green Transport Plan'. The plan aims to reduce congestion and emissions in our cities whilst also encouraging healthier, happier commutes. It encourages working adults to swap their car commute for a cycling one, and as an incentive, riders benefit from a tax exemption on the cost of their cycle commuting goods.
✋ Helping hand
Find out how the cycle to work scheme works by reading 'How does the cycle to work scheme work for employers?'.
Cyclescheme is the UK's most popular cycle to work provider, creating and supporting more cyclists than any other UK based cycling organisation. To date, Cyclescheme has supported over 800,000 cyclists in starting or sustaining their cycle commute.
The video below gives a simple overview of how the scheme works:
We make the cycle to work scheme easy; our simple and intuitive approach means that it's easy for employers and employees to make the most of this fantastic tax-break. Our approach is based on three pillars; simplicity, service and value.
- Our made to measure technology makes applications and admin a doddle
- Everything you need is at your fingertips any time of the day or night
- Our content and marketing is transparent - (some providers are quite opaque in this regard)
- Cyclescheme's passionate personnel are relentlessly focussed on delivering best-in-class standards and support
- Our retail network is huge and our partners care - everyone in the chain wants to get more people cycling
- We invest in our platform and innovate daily; Cyclescheme builds the cycle path - our competitors ride on it
- Our service is free-of-charge for employers and employees
- Our daily offers see lower rate tax-payers saving upwards of 50% and our 'no quibble' retailers allow save-on-sale deals
- Cyclescheme's added value includes:
- Optional automatic registration on the Bike Register national bike database and exclusive 15% of security marking kits
- Exclusive 15% discount on specialist cycle insurance discount via industry leaders Cycle Guard
- Exclusive 25% discount on any British Cycling membership (inc. plans with public liability cover)
You can search to see if your workplace is signed up using the search box on Cyclescheme's homepage.
You can invite your employer to register using Cyclescheme's simple invite your employer tool.
You can register as an employer via Cyclescheme's employer section.