Can I sell my cycle to work bike?
The general rule of thumb is that you can sell your ex-cycle-to-work bike if you have completed your chosen ownership option.
Please note, you cannot sell your cycle to work scheme bike if:
- You are in the initial Hire Period, or
- If you are in an active 'Own it later' agreement, or
- You have not completed a transfer of ownership with Cyclescheme or your employer.
However, you should be fine to sell your ex-cycle-to-work scheme bike if:
- You have completed your Hire Period and completed either an 'Own it now' or 'Own it later' agreement, or
- If you have completed a transfer of ownership with Cyclescheme or your employer.
How do I know if I have completed an ' Own it now' or ' Own it later' agreement?
The two agreements are usually offered at the end of the Hire Agreement (after 12 months), the difference between them is that the ' Own it now' agreement would be completed at the point it's paid (hence 'own it now'), whereas the ' Own it later' agreement would not be completed until the ' Own it later' fee was paid and the bike was 4 years old (hence ' Own it later').
Some employers managed their own ownership options, in this case, it would be up to you and your employer to establish whether you've completed an acceptable 'transfer of ownership' agreement and whether or not you are now legally able to sell your ex-cycle-to-work scheme bike.