Do I have to ride to work everyday?
This is a common question and there's a simple answer and a technical answer...
- No, you do not have to commute by bike daily.
- You should use the bike and/or accessories mainly for commuting to and, if relevant, between workplaces.
- At least 50% of the bike and/or accessories use should be for work purposes. For example, if you used the bike 10 times in a year, at least 5 of those journies must be work-related.
- The bike and accessories can also be used for non-work purposes.
Please remember 🚨
- There is no need for you to keep a log of your Journeys.
- You are unable to claim business mileage allowance when using a bike that is being hired to you by your employer.
For a personalised savings figure that includes ownership fees, visit our calculator and enter your details.
You can search to see if your workplace is signed up using the search box on Cyclescheme's homepage.