How long does the cycle to work scheme take?
The cycle to work scheme usually takes 3-14 days from application to redemption.
The length of time it takes to go from doing your application to getting your bike and/or accessories can vary; many employees can collect their cycle to work packages directly after being approved.
However, some applications may take longer. This can be for a few reasons:
- the employer can take some time to review and approve the application
- the employer can take some time to pay for the equipment
- the employer may run their scheme in a windowed manner (and only release eCertificates at the end of the window)
- the employer may work with a benefits provider with non-standard processes
- the employer may fund their scheme using third-party finance which can sometimes add a short delay
If you are in doubt or would like to try and speed up your request, you may wish to contact your employer to get an update on your request.
For a personalised savings figure that includes ownership fees, visit our calculator and enter your details.
You can search to see if your workplace is signed up using the search box on Cyclescheme's homepage.