How do I get my Redemption Code?
The Cyclescheme Redemption Code is displayed on the eCertificate, it allows you to either collect your cycle to work package in-store or, order it online.
You're able to access your eCertificate once your request has been approved and funding has been agreed between Cyclescheme and your employer.
At the appropriate time, you will do emailed confirmation that you can access your eCertificate via Cyclescheme's Sign and Collect process.
What is the Sign and Collect (SaC) process?
Why do we need SaC?
It's important that you have a chance to review your fully populated Hire Agreement before you claim your goods - the SaC process allows you to do this.
SaC also protects you by reducing the risk of fraudsters being able to use your eCertificate should your email account become compromised.
What's the exact process?
Cyclescheme will email you a link to start the process.
You will then be prompted to do an SMS security check to validate that we're interacting with the correct person. The security check also ensures we're allowing you alone to view your Hire Agreement and access your eCertificate.
Once you've logged into the SaC process you'll be asked to confirm the retailer you are choosing to redeem with. Depending on your choice, we'll present you with the correct next steps for either an in-store or, online checkout.
🏪 If you're collecting your goods in-store:
- The SaC process will show you a screen which includes your Certificate Number and Redemption Code.
Helping hand ✋
You can download a conventional eCertificate from the SaC platform at this point if you would prefer to take printed confirmation of your finalised Cyclescheme request with you to the store.
- At this point, it's wise to contact the store and check they are ready for you to collect your goods (visit the retail finder for store details).
- When you're in the store and you're ready to leave with your bike and bits, the retailer will ask you for your Certificate Number and Redemption Code. Now is the time to share these.
- The retailer will use these details to validate the redemption. They will then enter the exact details of the goods you are getting on the scheme.
- We'll then SMS (text-message) you a link to your fully populated Hire Agreement. You'll need to review this and agree to its terms in order to proceed.
- Once your Hire Agreement is signed, the retailer will be instantly alerted and will allow you to leave with your goods. Happy cycling!
📦 If you're ordering your goods online:
- The SaC process will prompt you to enter the details of the goods you are getting.
Helping hand ✋
We find that the easiest way to populate this section is to build your basket on your chosen retailer's website and then merely copy-and-paste the details across.
- Once you've entered the details of the goods you're obtaining you'll be presented with a fully populated Hire Agreement. You'll need to review this and agree to its terms in order to proceed.
- Once your Hire Agreement is signed, you'll be presented with your Certificate Number and Redemption Code. You can use these to order your goods. Happy cycling!
SaC Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)...
What happens if I don't have a smartphone, my phone is not working or I fail to get reception?
- Although SMS is the primary method of communication, you can also undertake a security check on a normal web browser without a phone. At the point of redemption, we'll email you a link that will allow you to review and approve your Hire Agreement within any normal internet browser. You'll just need to use a machine that's connected to the internet. If you need to pop out of the store to do this, it's not a problem.
What happens if I want to change my retailer?
- Once you've logged into the SaC process you have the chance to edit your retailer. You can change it as much as you like until you're asked to confirm the details, once you've done this we can only change your retailer if you contact us.
What happens if my bike is not ready to be collected?
- If your bike is not ready to be collected then you should not pass the retailer your Certificate Number or Redemption Code. You can start the SaC process and download your eCertificate if you wish, but you should only look to redeem your eCertificate or Redemption Code when your bike or goods are ready for collection.